Topic: “Take Responsibility”, 01/25/2012, Romans 13:1-7, Galatians 6:5, 2 Corinthians 5:10
It’s her fault. It’s his fault. It’s their fault. The dog did it…
- One child to another: Whenever you tell a big fat lie to get away with breaking an ornament, vase etc. Tell your mum, dad etc. that it threw itself off of the mantle piece, table etc and then add in that you always believed that there was something out there!
- Mom: Where’s your report card? You: Um, mommy I’m really sorry and everything. But I didn’t do it or anything but you know how I walk to school? Well, the bell rang and I went to my locker to put it in my backpack and some very mean kids took it and started playing monkey in the middle then someone yelled that there was a big fight so the kids dropped it and ran outside. Then, I was walking & was looking at it and a dog chased me and got it and chewed it up! Sorry!
- I do what the cheerios tell me.
- When I was little, I cut up my sheets, my excuse was, “Jesus did it!”
- The clowns made me do it…I sware!
One night many years ago I was on patrol and observed a vehicle blow through a red light at a major intersection. There had been plenty of time to stop, yet the vehicle had not even slowed down. I stopped the car and asked the young female driver why she had done that. The girl told me she had just had her brakes repaired, it had been very expensive, and she DIDN’T WANT TO WEAR THEM DOWN! Usually I give people a pass if I haven’t heard their excuse before, but in this case she got the ticket. …………………………………. Submitted by… Dave Hoffman, Sergeant, Naperville IL PD
I stopped a car in a rural area of our county for going 80 MPH in a 55 MPH zone. The driver explained that he had a bee flying around his head so he sped up to 80, hoping that the bee couldn’t fly that fast and would not be able to fly out of the back seat area to get at him…..Submitted by…Gary Lenon, Mecosta County Sheriff Department, Michigan.
Amazing what we say to avoid blame not only as children but as adults as well. Continue reading “What does life owe you?”